Cashmere Care Guide
Learn how to care for cashmere in the right way and you can be sure your cashmere will still look its best for years to come! We’ve masterfully crafted the most luxurious cashmere clothing to offer you a quality that will withstand the test of time. We’re so confident, in fact, that we offer a 365-day returns policy!
We’ve put together a detailed cashmere care guide to help you keep your cashmere looking and feeling brand new for longer. Cashmere needs a little extra TLC compared to other items of knitwear in your wardrobe, but taking the time to care for your cashmere is worth it in the long-run and will help keep your investment piece in tip-top condition. Take a look at our tips on how to care for cashmere below.
How to care for cashmere
When it comes to caring for cashmere, it’s important to be gentle. We recommend a gentle washing routine that will help to clean your cashmere without risking damage to the wool. Follow the steps below for our expert advice on how to care for cashmere.
- Comb the surface of your cashmere carefully to remove any unwanted debris from the surface of your knit. Investing in a cashmere comb will help you to effectively, but gently, remove pilling and help you to care for the texture of your knit.
- Gently wash your cashmere clothing following the detailed steps below.
- Carefully reshape your cashmere following washing. Do this by laying your cashmere garment on a flat surface and gently pull the knit into its original shape.
- Allow your cashmere to air dry, but avoid keeping it in direct sunlight. We recommend laying your cashmere down onto a dry towel to help absorb some moisture,, as opposed to hanging your cashmere knit to dry.
- Make sure to store your cashmere properly. Store folded as opposed to hanging, with the considerations mentioned below.
How to wash cashmere
Getting to know the needs of your knitwear to better understand how to wash cashmere will help to protect the quality of your garments following each wash. Before washing, make sure to use a mild washing detergent or cashmere shampoo to ensure the detergent is gentle enough for your lovely cashmere.
- Start by filling a bowl with lukewarm water (35 degrees) and add the gentle detergent. Turn your garment inside out, and gently submerge it in the water. Allow it to soak for 5-10 minutes, and follow by rinsing your cashmere in cold water.
- Gently squeeze your cashmere to remove excess water, but do not wring. Remember, treat your cashmere gently through every step!
- Lay your cashmere onto a clean, dry towel. Gently roll your garment in the towel to remove the excess water, pressing down with your palms.
- Unravel the towel and reshape your cashmere before laying flat to dry, away from direct sunlight.
How to store cashmere
Taking care to store your favourite cashmere pieces correctly will help them to look and feel their best for years to come. It’s best to avoid hanging your cashmere as this can affect its shape. Instead, we recommend folding your garments, storing in acid-free tissue paper or a moth-proof cloth bag. Alternatively, cedar balls in your drawer are brilliant at keeping those moths away from your favourite cashmere!
Got any questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us for advice on how to care for your Loop Cashmere garments!