Skip to content

Cart

Your cart is empty

Sustainable Cashmere

We take our responsibility to the planet very seriously, and we’ve built a sustainable cashmere brand that makes important considerations every step of the way in getting our luxurious cashmere styles to you.  We can proudly say that we have created a brand that is conscious about its impact on the environment and the communities helping to create it around the globe. We’re committed to working with our supply chain partners to make improvements every season, bringing guilt-free luxury straight to your wardrobe.

Ethically Sourced Cashmere

Loop Cashmere selected Consinee to supply their cashmere yarn, not just for the quality and softness of their yarn, but also due to their ongoing commitment to, and auditing of, the supply chain to ensure the highest standards are continuously maintained and we happily pay a premium for this choice to ensure all steps along the supply change are following ethical and sustainable standards.

Our yarn supplier is accredited by The Good Cashmere Standard, The International Co-operation Committee on Animal Welfare and the Sustainable Fibre Alliance. This accreditation focuses on enhancing the welfare of the goats, farmers and communities within the cashmere farms, by laying out a clear and comprehensive set of criteria that govern all aspects of sustainable cashmere production. Regular checks are performed by independent auditors to ensure compliance with the criteria, in addition to the supplier carrying out their own independent checks on the farms using their internal audit and training team.

This means that you, our lovely customer, can feel confident knowing our garments are made from ethically-sourced cashmere.

Sustainable Processes

We searched long and hard to find the right place to turn our supremely soft yarn into beautiful cashmere pieces. Our pieces are made in Mongolia close to the source of the yarn.  The expert makers we use are also committed to sustainability, and have environmentally-friendly practices in place.

The factory has a water treatment plant on-site to reuse all water used throughout the production process. They plant trees to offset carbon emissions and grow vegetables that they use to cook lunch for the team knitting, inspecting and packing our pieces.

Our products are manufactured in small batches and we release new items as they become available, having been shipped by the least impact routes. We made sure to consider our environmental impact in our packaging too. 95% of the elements within our packaging and labelling are either recyclable or compostable, with low or no water usage in the printing process.   We’ve made it our mission to bring the remaining 5% in line with this!

Supporting Ethical Practices

We’ve also considered the journey of our products from us to you. We send your orders via DPD, a courier keeping environmental practices at the heart of their company with their DrivingChange™ policy.